Thursday, February 11, 2010

February?

Hasn't been much of a winter since the beginning of January. Last weekend a monster storm blew south of us and yesterday we were cheated out of what was supposed to be up to a foot. I have yet to break out the XCD's this winter...and that makes me sad.

The upside is that since it hasn't snowed and since we had a January thaw, the trails are pretty much free and clear. I've been able to trail run and if things stay this way, I'm getting the mountain bike out on the trails next weekend. Cabin fever be damned and it's not in the budget to head north right now, so I'm going to find ways to get outside.

Tomorrow is spin class (serving as my main cycling training right now since the Oak Grove Bike Incident) and then trail running on Saturday. I'm off the road until mid-March when I fly back to Utah for a week so I need to ramp up with the first EFTA race of the year approaching in six weeks.

And if winter decides he wants to show up and drop some pow, let me take advantage of those fun trails at the Fells on something other than sneakers or wheels, well, that'd be fine. For now, I'll work with what I got!

No comments: