Sunday, March 22, 2009

Big Week

This past week was a great week of training.  Kicked it off with a 4.5 mile trail run on Sunday, strength  on Monday (incorporating Core Performance and Gym Jones exercises), 5.5 mile mixed run on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday and a 20 mile road bike on Saturday.  The ankle is responding really well to ratcheting it up a notch. 

The mixed run I did during the week was a loop from my office out Memorial Drive in Cambridge across the Mass Ave bridge and back on Storrow.  The good part is there are plenty of dirt paths to run on with a few sections of roots and rocks so it's actually perfect to re-integrate trails into my training.  I have some thoughts on this loop that I'll post later.

Kicking off this week with a 6-8 mile trail run...we'll see where I end up!

No comments: