Wednesday, March 4, 2009

WHOAAA!

December 6th was my last post?!  Holy crap. 

Well, this is the right day for me to come back.  Several reasons: my friend Tarah, who is my blogging inspiration has been battling the evils of cigarettes and I told her that I would start blogging again when she quit...low and behold I received a note from on Facebook today that led me to believe that it was time to start writing again.  Secondly, my ankle is finally on the road to wellness.  Since we last spoke, I began training for the Fells 50K and I couldn't get over the 10 mile mark without being in some decent pain the next day.  I finally went to physical therapy, got diagnosed and began getting treatment.  Six weeks later and I've been given the greenlight to start ramping up again.  I'll write a more detailed post about this whole process, but seeing as the focus of most of my posts last Fall were about my ankle I figured that today was a monumental day and time to get back into this thing we call writing.
I've also begun the process of enrolling back into college to finish my English degree.  There are many reasons why I've come to this place...and I'm not quite at liberty to talk about it.  To summarize I was placed in a position where I began to doubt myself...and a change needed to be made...and I'm making that change.
I'm going to do my best to blog more consistently.  Blogging is sort of like working out.  When you're actively doing it, you're always happy that you have, but it's easy to fall off the wagon.  Hopefully I keep at it.

We set the clocks ahead this weekend, despite the recent cold and snow Spring is coming...time to start thinking about getting the bike back on the trail.  My ankle is doing well...changes are being made.  Good times.

1 comment:

Tarah said...

Spring is coming. Change. Change is good. You'll make an amazing teacher. Kudos to you. The cosmos are pushing us all to wake the 'F' up right now...on so many levels. So, I guess I'm trying to listen.

I have ankle problems too...it's why I stopped running. I used to be quite the athlete back in day. I thought that would shock and delight you!

Glad you're writing again!