Thursday, October 23, 2008

Cheerios and stuff

In this day and age, who doesn't grow up eating Cheerios? Dry Cheerios are a baby staple world wide. Well I still love the little fuckers. I eat a bowl a day. Usually at night with frozen wild blueberries and raw sugar. Good times. In fact I'm eating some right now.

Post mortem on the 2008 Boston Red Sox: This may be the first year in a long, long time that didn't end with a World Series title and everyone is pretty much ok with it. It's pretty much universally accepted that due to the injury bug that bit the Sox this year if anything the team may have overachieved. Combine that with two titles in the past four years and the Yankees finishing out of the playoffs and everyone, while still yearning for another WS win, is ok with where the Sox ended up in '08. I'm pumped for one of the best parts of following baseball...the off season Hot Stove! I love seeing where players end up and seeing who the Sox are going after.
My World Series prediction: Phillies in 6. The Rays can't quite get it done after the tough 7 game series against the Sox.

The upcoming election is said to be "The most important election in history" or something like that. Not sure if that's general consensus or if one of the candidates said that to pump themselves up, but I will say this...I can't wait to see if Frank Caliendo tries to pull off a Barack Obama impression should Obama win. Barack is thin and black, while Frank is fat and white. It's a stretch when he impersonates Al Pacino because he's so tubby. He should really stick to characters like John Madden and Jason Alexander.

Is anyone else concerned about the leader of the free world have the initials B.O.? Did Obama get lots of deodorant sticks for birthdays and holidays as pranks from other kids?

I got a haircut last weekend and I hate it. I opted for the Supercuts route and I now understand why they're so cheap. From here on, I'm instituting a worldwide mandate that all men shave their heads.

My ankle is improving, slowly but surely. I'm feeling good about a return to running in two weeks.

No comments: