Monday, October 13, 2008

Ode(s) to a Sendentary Mountain Bike

So, yeah, I'm fucking nuts.

I'm writing poetry about missing mountain biking. So for your sanity and mine, pray I heal faster!

(Oh and just a note that no matter how hard I tried I couldn't format this post like I wanted to. So after each stanza of the second poem, there should be a break - sorry)

Haiku

Lonely mountain bike.

Loneliness, single tear (track).

It is not injured.

Rhymey

Champion of dirt and rock,

Clipped into my Sidi's and SmartWool socks,

Now residing in a hallway of locks

And collecting dust from the ceiling.

How long until we ride again?

Until we fly together as dear friends?

Through flowy muddy turns and bends,

Full suspension bobbing and wheeling.

While the swelling comes and goes,

And the pain ebbs and flows,

From my knee down to my toes;

Resolve and spirit with it stealing.

Against the wall my head goes thud,

All I want is to ride the mud

To climb hills and scrape off crud

That collects on my legs and requires peeling.

Alas no more will I cry

A few more weeks will spell a lullabye

For this wretched 'thorn-in-side'

That keeps me squealing.

And then I will mount and go

A few solid weekends, before the snow

Flies about and makes me throw,

You back in the house, for a winter's worth concealing!

1 comment:

Tarah said...

I just threw up a little bit in my mouth...