Monday, September 15, 2008

Death Magnetic

Ok, I'm the least qualified person in the world to write an objective review of anything Metallica does. I've loved each album they've put out and defended all their different phases when other fans abandoned them because they're newer material didn't sound like it would fit on Ride the Lightning. I think St. Anger was great and that Load and Reload contained a few absolute classics and when I some day compile my own Metallica greatest hits, I will definitely pull songs from those album's. That being said:



DEATH MAGNETIC IS AWESOME.



Ok, there it is. For those of you who liked their older material better, go buy this you'll love it. If it had come out in the early 90's instead of the Black album old school fans would have had no complaint. Personally I was happy to see them branch off and create different sounding music. People hated St. Anger and I listen to that album way more than I listen to Black or Lightning. It's gritty and different. For some reason, band's are crucified if they branch away from what made them famous. Like it's an insult to their fans or something. People fear change in the worst way. Metallica will always be my favorite band and no matter what they put out I know I'll like it. 9 studio albums have proven that everything they put out is to my liking.

Anyway, if you've ever been a Metallica fan...spin this album, it will knock your socks off.

No comments: