Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Try

Time to give it a whirl. I'm headed out for a nighttime run tonight. I was in Phoenix last week and ran twice. My foot was kind of sore one day, but I attribute that more to the work we were doing than to the runs. Heheh...runs.

I know these posts are all starting to sound the same, but I'm starting to feel like a lump. So I'm optimistic that I'll run tonight and it will all be better...I'm ok with not competing again this fall so long as I'm healed and can run and bike for fun whenever I want...which is like every day.

At any rate things in life are good right now. Carli and I are reaching a level of financial responsibility that while we maybe should have been there, oh I don't know, ten years ago, it's good to get there even now. We both love our jobs and Lily is the apple of my eye. Cliche? Perhaps, but if you don't have your own kids, don't judge. Most of you might think that you'd find it annoying when you're updating your blog while your daughter is taking a bath and you hear, "I have to poop!". So you stop typing, go and assist the removal from the tub, quick drying off, help up on the toilet, leave the room (because she needs "privacy"), help back into the tub, get back to your blog for 5 minutes before hearing, "I have to poop again!". But you know what? It's a riot. Having a nearly 3 year old around is great.

I just turned 33 and it has only affirmed my belief that things are better as you grow older. I don't understand the fear of getting old. Every year poses new opportunities to learn and to gather experience. Yes I shake my head and smile when I meet people who were born in the late 80's and are now in the job market, but that's because I have vivid memories from that time. It's not because I wish I was 10 or 15 years younger. I love knowing what I know and being where I am...and I have sympathy for those who can't embrace where they are in life. That must be very hard to not have that confidence...

Anywho, this week is a big test for the foot! I'll keep you all (which is to say no one) updated!

1 comment:

Tarah said...

You know why you aren't afraid of aging? Because you are a man. Men get 'handsome' as they age...Women, well, we just get old, and wrinkly and need botox.

But spiritually, and mentally and all of that other happy horse you know what...getting older does rock on most levels! I sleep a lot better.