Thursday, November 6, 2008

.65

I went for a little run tonight.  .65 mile, just over 6 minutes.  A little jaunt around the block.  35 days after doing awful things to my left ankle, I went out for a jog.  Less than a mile never felt so good.

I'm sitting here icing my ankle like I have every night for the past month.  I ran out of glucosamine yesterday and that shit is so pricey that it may be another week before I buy a new bottle, but I'm still taking my daily fish oil.  Lately there has been sore days and swollen days, but I can see and feel the progress.  I figured tonight, I'd give it a go just to see how it felt.  Well, it didn't feel great, but it worked and I'm encouraged.  Actually the way it felt was weird.  Just a general "thick" feeling and a bit weak, but it didn't hurt, so that's really what I was looking for.

I've been having a tough time lately.  I don't do well when I can't train the way I want to.  I rely on endurance athletics for peace of mind and having had that taken away I feel like ripping my skin off from time to time.  Getting on the bike was a good step, and now I feel like I'm really progressing.  Yes I know I'm rambling, but I'm excited.

No running tomorrow.  Gym tomorrow night than bike on Saturday (hopefully mountain bike).  And if I rebound from tonight and things are still feeling good, Sunday would be the next day for another small run.  I need to take it slowly and build my strength.  But at the very least I feel like it's going to happen.  Good night tonight.

No comments: