Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Catching Up...

Oops.  Eight days in between posts.  Bad Colin.

Last week was a poor training week.  I got in 3 days at the gym with weight work and some light stationary biking (ugh).  On Thursday we had our company outing which was a party bus ride down to Gillette for tailgating on the Pats game.  Super good time, one of the top five best work outings of all time (only behind Rainier and three of the Timby OR parties) but total indulgence of tailgate food, beer and staying out til 4am.  I was down and out until Monday, especially since we went to our friends lake house in Maine and it poured until Sunday afternoon.  That's ok though, as it was worth the time spent with co-workers and pals alike.

Pretty sure all the standing and walking (and lack of icing) during the tailgate resulted in some the soreness I'm feeling in my ankle right now.  However I'm doing my yoga and last night I took a spin class which was awesome.  Considering that you're out of the saddle for the majority of the class I'm pretty happy with how my ankle feels and I'm planning a big weekend on the bike coming up.  I'm either going to bike with Jen Shultis of Team EMS or with my teammates for the upcoming Frigid Infliction or if it works out (hope, hope) both.  If both fall through, I'll plan a road ride one day and a mountain bike ride for the other.  Can't wait.

Lastly I want to give a shout out to my boy Chris Boyd and the work he did last weekend at the Ultimate XC Moab event.  He placed a very respectable 8th in what was I'm sure a tough race.  Dan DesRosier, mastermind of the Jay Challenge put this one on, and he does not allow for a forgiving race course!  Nice work Boyd!  

Off to the gym for my strength routine.

No comments: