Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Today Revised

Slow start to the day and I have tomorrow off so I'm takin' 'er easy this morning, heading to work and hitting the gym tonight. Swim will come tomorrow along with more work in the gym.

Since I live in a world where going to the movies means checking out "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs" (fantastic by the way) I'm a big Netflix'r and have finally gotten to see "Away We Go". There are certain movies that strike a chord in you and with "Away We Go" it's apparent that David Eggers and I have some similarities. If you've every questioned where you belong or if you are thirty-something who is still trying to figure it out, defintely go see it. I keep seeing reminders that I am actually growing older (people on Facebook who look somewhat larger and grayer, my father continuing to be in the mirror when I take a quick glance at myself) even though I feel better than I did when I was 18. There's a line in "Away We Go" when Verona asks Burt, "Are we fuck ups?...We're 34 and we don't even have this basic stuff figured out yet." The fact that there other people out there that feel the same as I do (I still don't know how to save money, or at least can't execute on it) is comforting as all hell. The important thing is to continue to learn from all of these little episodes and adventures so that one day I will know how to save money and balance being a father, husband, employee, endurance athlete, dog owner....etc, etc...

Ok...that was deep enough for a Tuesday morning. Off I go...

No comments: