Saturday, August 16, 2008

15 miles.

Today was black and white, yin and yang, apples and oranges. I woke up feeling hungover but without the preceding good time to go along with my sluggishness and ill-will towards pretty much the world. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with work being nuts and the week going quickly but being jammed packed and getting the opportunity to relax let all that tension out in a negative way. So there was one thing I was looking forward to: doing a big run to purge the nasty's. But the day kept throwing me curveballs. First a family outing took longer than planned, than another round of thunderstorms rolled through pushing back a planned 3pm start time to 5pm. But regardless...there I was in the early evening ready to run.

Depending on your source, the loop around Kenoza Lake is somewhere between 4.2 and 5.1 miles. The sign at the park states the latter while I used Google Earth and came up with 4.2. Granted my margin for error was high because you can't see the trails on GE, and I wasn't really taking my time. But for ego's sake, I'm going to roll with the higher number...and I did three loops tonight. The best part is that as I was finishing up my third lap, I totally felt like I could rip off another one.

As I figured, the bad mood dissapated and now I'm just whupped. Going to cut this short though, as I'm meeting a buddy at 6am for a mountain bike ride up at Pawtuckaway State Park in So. NH. I've never ridden there, so I'm pumped to have some fun on the bike and check it out.

'night.

No comments: